Live a Heroic Purpose Driven Life
This is not a dress rehearsal of the movie called ‘Your Life’ where you sit back and wait to see how it turns out. This is it. So why not be extraordinary? You are the star, the director and the writer, so make it epic.
It’s never too late to change and play full out. Find out what you are made of. Success ultimately is about the person you become, and what you stand for.
- You are intellectually heroic when you express your thoughts and ideas
- You are emotionally heroic when you are vulnerable, and can express your real feelings
- You are spiritually heroic when you have the courage to pursue your dreams and stand up for your beliefs despite your fears. You have a generosity of spirit
- You are heroic in business when you succeed without ever compromising your honor and your integrity.
You are a lover of truth. You are mindful. You are awake. You are compassionate.
Authenticity as a spiritual path has been talked about for thousands of years. Shakespeare said to thy own self be true. Jesus said don't hide the light of your life under a basket. Fully expressing your authentic self is the greatest gift of love you can give the world. Discover your passion and your purpose. Find your edge. Never ever give up on yourself. We are meant to love and be of service. As the wise have forever taught, it doesn't matter how long you live, but how you’ve lived. So be brave. The Journey is the destination.
The 10 Steps on the Heroic Journey are:
- Commit to your purpose. Set goals.
- Make Integrity your badge of Honor.
- Believe. Be who you are.
- Develop courage and mental discipline.
- Take responsibility for your state of mind.
- Fill your mind with positive expectations.
- Refuse to allow obstacles to dominate your life.
- Stand up for your convictions and beliefs.
- Have a Strong Backbone. Never give up.
- Set out to be of service to mankind.
Be Wild at Heart. Choose to live Fearlessly. Live the Adventure.
Remember it’s all in the practice. It's only hard to practice because we're constantly seduced by this other mythology, that more success, more money, more power is going to give us our greater fulfillment.
It is never too late to change and start living the life you want.